- Organizers, veterans, and union rank and file participating in the December 12 Shut Down The Port demonstration held a press conference at 11 am in front of Downtown Portland’s World Trade Center. More information: http://shutdowntheport.com/, email@example.com
- More than 500 flyers were handed out for the December 12 ports demonstration, today, to workers of the ports. Approximately 90 percent of the recipients had not yet heard of the demonstration’s details.
- Street performer Revered Billy visited Lloyd Center mall with approximately 30 demonstrators. More information: http://www.revbilly.com/
- Occupy Portland demonstrators hold their second event protesting language of the National Defense Authorization Act.
- A Portland Community College teach-in explained the narrative battles of the Occupy Movement.
- Reverend Billy visited Occupy Portland, stopping at the 7 pm open forum event in Shemanski Park. He cast demons out of the Livestream equipment. More information: http://www.revbilly.com/
- Occupy Portland’s Media Committee submitted a request to Portland Parks & Recreation for documents relating to deferred maintenance at Lownsdale Square and Chapman Square, including location, description, reporting date, and approximate cost. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupy Portland demonstrators, including ASL interpreter Justin James Bridges, attended a City Council hearing on police accountability.
- Another December 12 Shut Down The Ports planning meeting went smoothly. More than 80 people attended to make final plans for transportation, media, and more. The Radical Cheerleaders were confirmed as attending. More information: http://shutdowntheport.com/
—Reid Parham, email@example.com
Today in Occupy is a quick, broad look at the day-to-day happenings of anything related to Occupy Portland. Please send your tips to Reid Parham, media volunteer, and include who, what, where, when, and why, plus links for more information. Your feedback is welcomed.