Announcing “Today in Occupy”

Greetings, friends!

I am starting a series of Occupy Portland daily updates. The contents will be a digest of happenings and outcomes from groups and events. There will not be a specific limit on what subjects are covered, but the goal will be to span the diverse interests and backgrounds of our movement. I plan to use this structure:

1. What happened yesterday?
  2. What is happening today?
  3. What is coming up soon?

These regular updates will be fairly limited in scope and are not intended to be comprehensive journalistic coverage of news. My goal is to inform the public and to assist other media volunteers in collecting personal reports.

What would you like to see? What would you like to avoid? What subjects are not yet clear enough, to you?

—Reid Parham: [email protected]

Share this article...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Reddit
Email this to someone

9 comments for “Announcing “Today in Occupy”

1. Caitlin Wilson
    December 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I’d like to see/know how we can better inform people to what Occupy is about. I’ve heard so much critisizm given that the movment is “flawed”.

2. Occupier Davis
    December 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

This is a great idea. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• December 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Absolutely! Want to attend the spokes council, tonight? It’s 7 pm at Director Park. I’ll be gathering a list of contacts who will be subject matter experts.

After there’s a list, though, what would be useful is regular updates to my email address with the who, what, where, when, and why of anything interesting to our various groups. Those reports will be compiled into the Today in Occupy report.

This isn’t the newsletter that’s being produced by the information committee. The goal is to provide various committees and groups with information to help them produce and publish content.

3. Laura
    December 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Fantastic idea! I love this. I would definitely like to see what is happening for Dec 12. I would also like to help those arrested to be supportive, show up for their court dates with them, be a voice, be a person to let them know they are not alone. I want to participate as much as I possibly can so this site is a great idea.

• December 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Ooh, good point about the court dates and arrests. Today in Occupy is the perfect format for noting upcoming and resolved legal issues.

Feel free to send any first-hand reports to my email address.

4. December 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Thanks for doing this, Reid! Unsettle Portland is showing up on Dec 6th to support a Portland family who is choosing to stay in their home past eviction. The more people at the press conference at 10am Tuesday the better (location TBA monday afternoon). Occupy Our Homes together!

5. Teresa
    December 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM

So appreciate your efforts. We support you.

6. Occupier Davis
    December 5, 2011 at 5:46 AM

LOVE IT! Keep it coming! WE ARE THE MEDIA.

Comments are closed.