- Dogcupy Portland plans to hold its third anti-bank demonstration at 11 am on SE Hawthorne at 37th. This weekly demonstration aims for a fun atmosphere that delivers a cute message. More information: http://occupyportlandcalendar.org/
- The ReOccuFest starts at 2 pm, marches at 3 pm, and aims to start a new, two-week cycle of occupations. More information: http://occupyportland.org/, [email protected], and https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23opdx
- The Occupy Portland web team, a group within the media committee, continues to work on a new design and organization for occupyportland.org. Contact: [email protected]
- The Occupy Portland information committee releases its first weekly newsletter. Sign up here: http://occupyportland.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=698fd2fad9ae6bf08f59e13c6&id=e95d22d182
- Occupy Portland announced plans to continue occupying, and Sam Adams responded: http://www.portlandonline.com/mayor/index.cfm?c=56813&a=376555. Some occupiers were not sure if the mayor had even read their statement.
- Bike Swarm posted photos of their Eastside visit to large commercial banks.
- The regular Occupy Portland Spokes Council meeting heard two proposals relating to community guidelines. Dan Hagan provides a thorough summary: http://www.renegadepdx.com/2011/12/03/last-night-at-scm-dec-2nd/
—Reid Parham, [email protected]
Today in Occupy is a quick, broad look at the day-to-day happenings of anything related to Occupy Portland. Please send your tips to Reid Parham, media volunteer, and include who, what, where, when, and why, plus links for more information. Your feedback is welcomed.